Suitable for making hot gelled products, achieving a superb result, even with very small quantities..
It is a fibrous carbohydrate extracted from eco red marine algae, like Gelidium and Gracilaria.
It is extremely efficient. A 400 g pack is enough to prepare around 500 meat or vegetable portions of 100g.
On top, it is an important source of fibre with positive effects on cholesterol levels and 0% fat. It can be used as gelling agent for vegetarian and vegan diets. It is a gluten-free product and, therefore, suitable for celiacs.
Characteristics and uses:
- Available in finely ground powder.
- Mix at cold temperature and bring to the boil.
- It sets quickly, and once the gel texture is obtained can withstand temperatures up to 80 °C (hot gel). Increase the dose when used with alcohol or acid ingredients.
- Suggested ratio to achieve not too hard gelled products: 2-5 g/l.
- Suggested ratio to achieve hard gelled products: 5-10 g/l.
- Available in packs of 400 g and 100 g.
More information: Texturizers Courses