Highly recommended to thicken at cold temperature, obtaining fresh-tasting sauces. An alternative thickener to Xanthän, in cold conditions.
Fibrous carbohydrate, from the group of galactomannans, used in powder as thickening and stabilising agent. Due to its properties it is considered an hydrocolloid.
It is extracted from the seed of a leguminous plant (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus), similar to pea and grown in India and Pakistan.
Characteristics and uses:
- Güar is soluble in cold water and it has high viscosity..
- It is applied to products that has to be exposed at high temperaturas and, in general, in combination with other thickening agents.
- It is used in gastronomy to make fresh cheeses, ice creams, croquettes, sauces, pastry products, confitures, jellies, jams, etc.
- Suggested ratio: 5 g/kg liquid.
- Available in packs of 750 g and 150 g.
More information:Cursos de texturizantes