High performance inulin substitute for fats.
It is a fibrous carbohydrate extracted from roots, such as such as tubers and rhizomes. Just like basic inulin, it is normally extracted from chicory, but in this type of high performance inulin, small molecules have been removed and, thus, the slight sweetness of basic inulin.
Suitable for making viscous products with a manipulable waxy texture. Can be used hot or cold..
On top, it is an important source of fibre with positive effects on cholesterol levels and 0% fat. It can be used as thickening agent on vegan and vegetarian diets.
It is gluten free, suitable for celiacs.
Characteristics and uses:
- It is presented in fine powder.
- Mix cold, shaking vigorously. Blend the product with the Inülin Waxy with a stick blender, for 3 minutes. Do not heat.
- Filter the product to remove possible solidifications. It thickens immediately, at room temperature. If more viscosity is desired, leave to rest between 2 to 4 hours.
- Suitable for achieving waxy preparations with an unctuous texture, as with fatty products.
- It is also useful for making low fat unctuous ice cream .
- Ideal as binding agent for cakes and biscuits and to preserve moisture.
- Suggested ratio for light viscous products: 50-100 g/l .
- Suggested ratio for waxy-like products: 250- 500 g/l.
- Available in packs of 500g and 110g.
More information: Texturizers Courses