It is the perfect fibre to substitute fats and sugars.
A fibrous carbohydrate, normally extracted from the chicory roots, tubers and rhizomes.
Suitable for thickening creams and purées. Ideal to substitute fats and sugars as a texturising agent, providing an unctuous texture.
On top, it is an important source of fibre with positive effects on cholesterol levels and 0% fat. It can be used as thickening agent on vegan and vegetarian diets.
It is a gluten free product and, so, suitable for celiac.
Characteristics and uses:
- It is presented in fine powder.
- Mix in cold, shaking vigorously. There is no need to heat it.
- Suitable for achieving cream and purée unctuous textures, as with fatty products.
- Useful in ice cream making to obtain unctuous texture, lowering the fat content and due to its water retention properties.
- Suggested ratio for light thickening: 50-100 g/l.
- Suggested ratio for cream or puree type products: 250- 500 g/l.
- Available in packs of 500g and 110g.
More information: Texturizers Courses