Suitable for making hot and cold soft gelled products.
It is a carbohydrate fibre. A kind of carrageenan, extracted from different varieties of red algae, mainly Chondrus Crispus.
Extremely efficient. A 400g pot is enough for 2000 portions of 100g serving, approximately.
Characteristics and uses:
- It is presented in fine powder.
- Mix cold, stir vigorously and bring to the boil. It sets rather fast.
- Suitable for making hot and cold soft gelled products. Ideal for crème caramel, sauces, soups and creams.
- Particularly interesting for making crème caramel with oil.
- Suggested ratio to achieve a gelled result: 1-7 g/l.
- Suggested ratio to achieve very soft, but consistent, gelled products: 7-12 g/l.
- Available in packs of 400g and 110g.
More information: Texturizers Courses