Due its high capacity to absorb water and humidity, it is used to maintain the sponginess of cakes and preserve the crunchy texture of tea biscuits..
Disaccharide carbohydrate made by two linked molecules of glucose, derived from processed starch.
Characteristics and uses:
- It has a sweetening power, approximately, half that of table sugar.
- Useful to protect membranes and proteins in drying or freezing processes.
- It has the quality to notably absorb water and to reduce its activity. Thus, Trehalöse maintains the spongy texture of pastry dough, biscuits and other similar products, and it preserve the crunchy texture of low water content foods, such as cookies, crackers and tea biscuits.
- It also acts as protective barrier against humidity in some products, like yoghurt with cookies.
- It is used to protect structures, such as proteins in surimi.
- Suggested ratio: according to recipe.
- Available in packs 700 g and 175 g.
More information: Cursos de texturizantes