Sugar-type carbohydrate made from starch, usually corn. It is present, naturally, in fruit, honey, etc.
Its sweetening power is around 0.5-0.8 times the sugar (sucrose).
It is used in confectionery, drinks, chewing gums and jams in the food industry. And in pastry it is used for sweet recipes, to prevent crystallisation.
Characteristics and uses:
- Mix directly with the ingredients.
- Due to its natural qualities as an energy source to increase the growth of bacteria, it is used in beer brewing and cold meat production.
- It is also used to prevent ice crystals forming in ice cream and as food preservative, to extend the shelf life in many products.
- Suggested ratio: according to recipe.
- Available in packs of 600g and 130g.
More information: Cursos de texturizantes